School Profile

 
A History of Humboldt High School

George_Duncan_4
1910 Humboldt Graduate - George Duncan
Find out more about this incredible 3-sport Humboldt athlete,
George Duncan.



Humboldt High School was named for Baron Alexander Von Humboldt, a German scientist.  He was also an explorer, geographer, and diplomat, and known as the last universal person.  Humboldt has served the West Side community since 1889.  The school building has grown to 316,000 square feet on 16 acres
1920.gif
Humboldt High School in 1920
on Saint Paul’s West Side.

The oldest portion of the current facility was built in 1909.  Additions were made in 1924 and 1959.  The newest portion opened in the fall of 1976 as an educational complex for grades 7 – 12.  In the fall of 1981 Humboldt Senior High became a four-year school with the inclusion of 9th grade students.  Humboldt Junior High maintained grades 7 and 8.  In 1982 the two schools formed Humboldt Secondary Complex of grades 7 – 12.

 
 

Saint Paul Public Schools, District 625 | 360 Colborne Street, Saint Paul, MN, 55102|651-767-8100|communications@spps.org | NON-DISCRIMINATION NOTICE